Sophisticated And Compassionate Family Law Services
When a crisis occurs in your family, you need an attorney who will listen to the facts of the case, understand what you want to achieve and help determine a plan of action to get you results. The family law lawyers at Hoffman Walker & Smith have the life experience you need to advise you strategically, support you through the emotional turmoil and guide you toward a resolution, whether it be by agreement or through court hearing.
Lead attorney Greta Hoffman Walker has gone through divorce herself, so she knows what you are going through. We are known throughout the area for being formidable opponents in all forms of divorce resolution.
Our lawyers have the tenacity to handle any family law case in Northern Kentucky . After ensuring the client has been carefully advised of potential outcomes, we lawyers will honor the client’s wishes in managing the case and jointly decide with our client whether to accept an agreement or go to court. The final decision always belongs to the client, but you will be able to choose with the confidence of having our smart and proactive guidance behind you.
We offer the following family law services:
- Adoption. As your family’s Northern Kentucky adoption attorney, we can assist you with all your family law needs, including the adoption of a much-wanted child.
- Mediation services. Litigation is often an expensive, lengthy and stressful process that frequently results in a settlement that does not represent the best interests of either party, or their children. Divorce mediation is an increasingly popular alternative that we can help you take advantage of.
- Collaborative divorce. In a traditional divorce proceeding, you and your spouse may go to court to fight over the issues most important to you. Collaborative divorce is a more holistic process that you may be able to use to work with your spouse to settle your legal issues.
- Divorce. Divorce is always a difficult process. Often, emotions are intense and the issues are bitterly contested. If children are involved, your divorce may become even more complicated. Our experienced attorneys can ease the burden. They can explain all your options to you.
- High net worth divorce. The high net worth divorce requires the skill of a more experienced lawyer focused on the area of divorce and property division.
- Legal separation. A legal separation is a document signed by both spouses and approved by the court detailing the rights and responsibilities of each spouse while living apart.
- Spousal support. Spousal support is an important component in any divorce agreement.
- Prenuptial agreements. The attorneys at Hoffman Walker & Smith have extensive experience in drafting and reviewing prenuptial agreements.
- Child protection. In Kentucky, most cases involving child abuse are called “D/N/A” actions, which stands for “dependency, neglect or abuse.” We represent parents in these sensitive cases.
- Child custody. Child custody issues are typically the most difficult issue to manage in family law. Custody is frequently contested, and many times difficult to resolve by agreement.
- Grandparents’ rights. “Grandparents’ rights” involve any case between the grandparent(s) and the parent(s) involved in a dispute regarding the parents’ children.
- Child support. Child support can often be one of the hardest issues during a divorce or custody case. In many cases, couples will fight over how much child support should be paid.
- Paternity disputes. The lawyers of Hoffman Walker & Smith represent both mothers and fathers in paternity cases.
Discuss Your Family Law Issue With A Qualified Attorney
Call 859-535-0264 or send us an email to schedule your no-obligation legal consultation with one of our family law attorneys.